Sunday 12 November 2023

Some Autumn Sunshine

It had been over 2 months since Anna P’s triumphant return (!) from the Malpas Rally, after which I had given her a good clean and then tucked her away in the shed.

The weather hasn’t exactly encouraged me out recently but today was bright sunshine with no rain forecast, so I thought I would get her out for a short 30 minute spin across to Heswall to see my sister before she goes back to Australia.

I pulled her out of the shed (Anna, not Denise!); tickled the float bowl and she started second kick šŸ˜ƒ. Well, I can’t really wish for better than that, can I?  

Togged up in a few layers to stave off the cold, I kept to the A roads rather than lanes, as many around us are still flooded and muddy from all the recent rain, and had a lovely ride there and back. The ride back in setting afternoon sun was considerably colder than on the way out. 

My nephew’s son was also there and I think I managed to recruit another one to the motorcycling brethren- he was very enthralled with the old beast!


No comments:

Post a Comment