Sunday 20 August 2023

Anna P’s first trip to the Isle of Man

We now have 139 running in miles under Anna’s wheels and (touch wood) she continues to run nicely. I’ve done a couple of fettling bits to her over the past couple of weeks; most notably adjusted the gear change to hopefully improve selecting first and neutral when I come to a stop and I also fixed a small oil leak that was due to a small bolt having partially stripped its thread. A helicoil and copper washer seem so have cured that.

Anyway, now for the BIG TEST. Once I had some confidence in her, I wanted to take her over to the Isle of Man, just because I love being over there on a bike. When I looked at booking a ticket for a few days, it only cost me about an extra tenner to go during the Manx GP practice week. Well, it would have been rude not to …! So I’m on the evening ferry from Liverpool this evening (Sunday) and come back on Thursday evening. I have volunteered to marshal for the 4 practice sessions I’m there for, which is a new thing for me, but mostly I’m just looking forward to getting plenty of miles in around motorcycling heaven.

All ready for the off - I don’t travel light!




No comments:

Post a Comment