Monday 26 June 2023

Oulton Park

Having passed his test and got his new bike, Paul was keen as anything to try a bit of motorbike camping, so we scheduled in an overnight camping trip just down the road to Oulton Park to watch some club racing, courtesy of the Wirral 100 Motorcycle Club


It was only a 25 minute bimble from home, but the rain had set in for a couple of hours, so we ended up riding there and setting up camp in light drizzle. It soon cleared up though and the weather for the rest of the time was great - hot and sunny.


I took my tarp with me, so we had somewhere to get a BBQ going in the last of the rain. Then had a good wander around the paddock followed by a couple of beers back at the tent. I love the smaller club meetings - so much more accessible and friendly than stuff like BSB and Formula 1.


Couldn't resist a bit of artiness, once I spotted the tents reflected in my tank :-).


The racing on Saturday was excellent, with a varied programme including a chance to see these old TZ 250 and 350 Yamaha GP bikes racing again. I love watching 2 strokes racing - something about the smell and the angry wasp noise that just does it for me!


As Saturday came to a close, we de-camped and headed for home, with plans for a longer camping trip next time.







No comments:

Post a Comment