Monday 13 February 2023

First trip out of 2023

The start of February 23 has seen the early indications of spring. Most of my time over winter has been spent working on the house and, more recently, a big push to finish the restoration of my 1962 Royal Enfield Crusader, but I've been itching to get back out on Gloria.

My son Rob was visiting the area for the weekend on his 125 Grom, so we took the chance to get out for a couple of hours around the lovely roads of North Wales. 

I'd been really slack, putting Gloria away after her last trip out sometime around October and hadn't drained the fuel tank, so I was half expecting some problems starting but, after pumping some fuel through on the starter and quickly cleaning up one of the spark plugs, she fired up and settled into a nice steady idle ☺ I put a dose of Redex into the tank to give any winter fuel build up a chance to clear.


I forgot to take any photos but we did a lovely 75 miles through two areas of outstanding national beauty, with a stop in Ruthin for lunch and to warm up! Gloria ran faultlessly.

Lovely stuff and can't wait to get out again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment